Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A cool experience...

I would like to share with you all a cool experience I had this morning. I was supposed to go down to St. George with 2 of my roommates to go to the temple. But they both decided not to go yesterday. So I wasn’t going to go either, because gas is ridiculously expensive and it’s 50 miles away. But I felt very strongly that I needed to go. When I woke up this morning something was just pushing me out of bed and I really felt like the temple was where I needed to be today. I think Satan was trying to keep me away though, because not only was gas a problem, but when I looked at my new temple recommend, I discovered that the "date of issue" was blank. After many phone calls and rushing around Cedar City, I got it taken care of and I was finally on my way to the temple! As soon as I got on the freeway, I started crying and I didn’t know why. And I'm not one to cry much at all! After a while, I had the feeling that I was not the only one in my car. It was weird, but very nice. I’ve had a rough month, and I felt like there were people in the car helping to comfort me. Yes...it sounds like one of those stories from the Ensign...but I'm serious! At first I couldn't tell who it was that I felt in the car with me. I think I have an idea on one of them, but it felt like there was more than one. I cried the whole way to the temple. It's a miracle I could still see everything on the road perfectly! I got to the temple and went in to do baptisms. The volunteers were very happy to see me, and asked me how long I had. I replied that I had all day and was in no hurry to get anywhere. The kind lady at the desk said that was great and how would I like to be baptized and confirmed for 22 people? I said I would love to, and it was great! And now I realize that it is no wonder I felt so strongly about going to the temple today. I had 22 “guardian angels” keeping an eye on me and making sure I got here to help them. As weird as it seems, I think that at least one of those women I was baptized for was in the car with me too. I don't know who...but they must have known that I really needed some extra help today. And that is my story for you all. :) I know it sounds weird...especially because nothing even remotely like this has ever happened to me, but it was a very cool experience for me!

Along with my story...I just want to tell all of my friends and family who may happen to read this blog that I love you all LOTS and LOTS!! yep. that's all.

2 comments:

Steve said...

:) sounds like a special experience.

Adam W. said...

thanks for sharing that Lindsey.