Thursday, December 06, 2007

I lose.

Yep. It sure has been far too long since I last wrote a lovely blog for all the world to enjoy! So...here is one for today. Tomorrow is the last day of the semester!! Happiness and joy! That means that I should definitely be working on homework right now, but I'd rather write a note to say hello to everyone. :) So, I'm already getting excited for Christmas! My roomie put up a Christmas tree and lots of decorations, and I made little stockings to hang on the banister for all of my roomies...the Christmas spirit is in the air!! I've been thinking, and I want this Christmas to be different. I've been more homesick than ever this year, so I really am looking forward to spending time with my family. I also want to focus more on Christ. I read something in the Ensign that talked about the idea of reading one chapter of Luke every day until Christmas Eve. I have taken that challenge, and thus far, I have loved it! It's giving me a chance to reflect on the Savior's life, and everything he did for me. I think it is helpful to read that before Christmas, because it helps me to understand why His birth is so important, and why we celebrate it. I've also spent a lot of time thinking about future Christmases, and what kind of traditions I want to start in my own family. I know that growing up, my Christmas was always perfect (:D) But I want to be able to start some traditions of my own. I've never approached the holiday season thinking about things this much! It's kind of weird for me! Usually I welcome the break between semesters as a time to relax and play. This time, I'm thinking about all the things I want to do, and all the marvelous stuff I'm going to have to cram into my 2 weeks home. Maybe I should start thinking of simplifying. Hmmm...you think I would have thought of that sooner...I'm a rather simple person. (Just so you know...I'm starting to ramble on to myself at this point...) Anyway...On to other random things...it needs to snow!! Yes, Cedar has not gotten enough snow for me. There is NOTHING on the ground!! And it kind of makes me want to cry. But I'll live...somehow...
Well- I'm off to spend my last 45 minutes at work doing what I should have been doing the whole time...homework. Enjoy! And an early Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments: